What's not to love about cartoons? From Calvin & Hobbes, to the Peanuts, to superhero comics of Superman and Spider-man, back to Looney Tunes. Cartoons have been my life since I was a baby. Until fourth grade, I wanted to be an inventor like Doc Brown, but I had no sense of mechanics or math or anything one would need to actual invent anything. But I drew everything. It was only a matter of time before I fully embraced my drawing. Since then I've created characters like Tick, cartoon T.C. & Jason, and countless others.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

the inside of my head is... odd...

Here are closer looks at each of the pieces that made up this week's comic. There are some items of note in each.

In this first piece, there are two classic cartoons from many, many years ago. Stickman and Gumboy both came about in the 7th grade. Stickman was the antagonist to Tick (featured below) and Gumboy was the only competent member of the Super Squad, a super team I created after wondering what it wou;d be like if Superman, Batman, James Bond, Indiana Jones and Gumby had a crime fighting team.

Always on my mind: my very good friends Jason and Andy.

Below them, and riding the dinosaur below this, are my minions. These are the little gnomes that turns the gears and pull the levers that run my imagination.

Also riding down the back of this dino is Tick. Tick was my first comic creation. He was imagiend up back in fifth grade. I did four panel comics about him; they made little sense to anyone but me.

Tim is hidden in there near the top. I also would like to point out E=MC Hammer. And Sylvester the Cat wearing a crown was one of the ideas for the King's Speech, though really, Porky would've been a more logical choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment