What's not to love about cartoons? From Calvin & Hobbes, to the Peanuts, to superhero comics of Superman and Spider-man, back to Looney Tunes. Cartoons have been my life since I was a baby. Until fourth grade, I wanted to be an inventor like Doc Brown, but I had no sense of mechanics or math or anything one would need to actual invent anything. But I drew everything. It was only a matter of time before I fully embraced my drawing. Since then I've created characters like Tick, cartoon T.C. & Jason, and countless others.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Salt


At first glance, Salt seems to be an attempt to make a Jason Bourne for the ladies. And, well, it's exactly that. It's the idea of a bad ass "realistic" super-spy, but with boobs. There have been other female action heroes like Sydney Bristow or La Femme Nikita, so this isn't a new idea. But there are not a lot of these female action hero types. Why is that?. Is it because we as a culture are more willing to watch a man blow up stuff and shoot countless inept enemies? Seems like it. But who am I? There are far smarter folks out there to discuss this topic. Me? I'm a guy who draws comics about movies, pop culture, and fart jokes.

And that brings us to this weeks entry into the tcomics universe and two new characters for the pantheon. I think I got Ms. Jolie pretty well, but I had some trouble with Mr. Damon. I'm expecting at least one person to guess that it's Brad Pitt. Either way, the joke still works. One thing I do know women will always be able to do what men can't: ovulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment