What's not to love about cartoons? From Calvin & Hobbes, to the Peanuts, to superhero comics of Superman and Spider-man, back to Looney Tunes. Cartoons have been my life since I was a baby. Until fourth grade, I wanted to be an inventor like Doc Brown, but I had no sense of mechanics or math or anything one would need to actual invent anything. But I drew everything. It was only a matter of time before I fully embraced my drawing. Since then I've created characters like Tick, cartoon T.C. & Jason, and countless others.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

the Expendables


Hmmm... A couple of negative responses to this one. I post dozens of comics, and this is the one that gets the grief.
I wasn't looking to offend. I was just thinking that this many beefed up on steroids and oiled up dudes might be a bit... gay. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that whatsoever. I just thought it was a bit... over compensating, like the really tough football player who goes a bit further than necessary when picking on the effeminate boy in high school or the U.S. Senator who is a loud and overly critical voice against the legalization of gay marriage. Over compensating. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment